How to Book
You can book online, over the phone or within the centre. Payment is required
at time of booking, so please have your card details ready.
Pre-booking of your Vertigo session is highly recommended as our sessions
fill up quickly.
You can call in on the spur of the moment but there is no guarantee that we will have spaces available.
Please note that The Leap of Faith & Step Tower is charged at an extra £2.50 per jump prior to the start of the session and is subject to availability.
Group and Birthday Party Bookings
For large party reservations or exclusive climbing bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01279 621500.
Our on site catering company offers a range of party food options. Please contact them here for more information (phone number and email).
Before you Climb...
- If one parent or guardian is bringing multiple children, some of which are not their own, that adult is responsible for that group and insured with us. (Under 8 years must be accompanied by a paying participant over the age of 16 years on a 1:3 adult to child ratio)
- Loose fitting clothes are recommended
- Only closed toe shoes are allowed. For safety reasons, we cannot allow sandals, flip flops or rock shoes into the Vertigo Arena.
- Please keep jewellery to a minimum. We do have the facility to safely secure jewellery if required.
- Sessions start on the ½ hour weekdays & on the hour weekends. The first half an hour will comprise of your introduction, safety briefing and harness fitting. Late arrivals will not be accepted due to the content of the briefing being missed. This is then followed by a full hour in the Vertigo arena.
Terms & Conditions of Participation
By participating you agree to the rules & conditions below. You should be in good health to participate in physical activity and participate in accordance with these rules. It is the parents/guardians responsibility to ensure that their children adhere to these safety rules. Climbing is not recommended for guests that have neck or back problems, heart problems or have had recent surgery. If you are pregnant you should consider your physical condition and limitations before deciding to participate. If you encounter any problems or have any pre-existing medical conditions please discuss these with a member of Harlow Leisurezone staff.
1. Participants must be a minimum of 6 years old
2. Participants under the age of 8 years must be accompanied by a paid participating adult over the age of 16 years to supervise (1 adult to 3 children)
3. Parents/Guardians remain responsible for their child’s welfare at all times
4. Climber maximum weight is 150 kgs (330 lbs) / 23 Stone
5. No heels, no flip-flops, no crocs no open toe shoes or black soled shoes. Ensure shoe laces are tied
6. No jewellery to be worn
7. Glasses must be ‘secure’
8. Long hair must be tied back
9. No chewing gum, food allowed in the climbing area
1. Attend Safety Briefing before every climbing session and may be refused entry on late arrival
2. Have harness checked by Staff before climbing
3. Be clipped to the safety line by a member of staff before climbing
4. Wear a helmet when instructed by Staff
5. Follow any safety instructions as directed by VertiGo staff
Climbers MUST NOT
1.You must not hold onto or pull down on the safety line whilst climbing
2.You must not bounce out from the wall during descent
3.You must not walk on coloured mats
4.You must not run in the climbing area
Failure to comply with the above may result in being asked to leave and no refund will be offered.
Once you have secured a booking unfortunately we do not accept cancellations or offer refunds. With this in mind, please take care when making your booking that you have entered the correct date and time.
Find Us At